British Columbia is the westernmost province in Canada and is a place of immense natural beauty with vast green forests, snowcapped mountains, and rugged ocean coasts. BC is also one of the most diverse provinces in the country, with more than one million residents who were born outside Canada.
British Columbia (Located on the western cost) is a one of the key provinces of Canada. It is a vibrant province and a key contributor in the Canadian GDP and economy. It is known for its cultural diversity and tremendous infrastructure. The rapidly developing economy of British Columbia needs trained manpower in high-demand professions.
British Columbia is extremely welcoming to new Canadians, and the province attracts approximately 50,000 immigrants each year. BC is also renowned for its high quality of life, with Vancouver consistently being named as one of the most livable cities in the world. One of the easiest ways to immigrate to British Columbia is through Canada’s new Express Entry immigration program.
British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program
The British Columbia Nominee Program is one of the fastest and most effective ways for a potential immigrant interested in living in BC to receive Canadian permanent residence. Applicants who wish to apply for the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program must fall into one of the two categories allowed in the program.
BC Provincial Nominee Program 2020 Categories
British Columbia is the westernmost province of Canada and one of the most popular immigration destinations in the country. There are three categories that those interested candidate in the British Columbia PNP can apply under.
- BC PNP Express Entry
- BC PNP Skilled Worker Immigration
- BC PNP Entrepreneur Immigration
Eligibility for those wishing to resettle in British Columbia via the BC Provincial Nominee Program is determined through one of these sections. Both the Skilled Immigration option and the Business Immigration option are split into different sub-categories that decide whether the applicant is eligible to receive a BC Provincial Nomination Certificate. Skilled immigrants in the health care field, or who have graduated from a university or college in British Columbia, can apply to the program through BC PNP Online. Others who have received a full-time job offer in BC will need to register under the PNP British Columbia Skills Immigration Registration System (SIRS).
British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program Express Entry
The British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) allows the province to nominate individuals for expedited Canadian permanent residency if they are interested in living in BC and have skills and experiences demanded in the local economy. If you are interested in British Columbia immigration, there are two ways to apply for a BC PNP nomination. The first method is to contact the British Columbia PNP directly to apply. If nominated, the potential immigrant can then build a new Canada Express Entry profile and import their BCPNP nomination credentials into the immigration system.
The other approach is to start by creating an Express Entry profile. Once you have signed up for Express Entry, you can use the system to indicate an interest in BC immigration. The BC PNP can then invite potential immigrants to apply for the program through Express Entry, and nominated individuals will instantly be credited with 600 points on their Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score. This will essentially guarantee the individual an Invitation to Apply (ITA) during the next Canadian Express Entry draw. Our experienced Canadian immigration professional can optimize your Express Entry profile for British Columbia immigration through the BC Provincial Nominee Program. Once successfully nominated, we can also help you apply for Canadian permanent residency. Canada PR applications that are processed through Express Entry are typically adjudicated in less than six months.
British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program Skilled Worker Immigration
The Skilled Immigration section of the Immigration British Columbia PNP 2019 is one of the most popular ways to immigrate to BC. The BC PNP nominates up to around 2000 skilled workers every year.
The sub-categories found in the Skilled Immigration section of the BC Nominee Program include the following:
- The Skilled Worker Category– workers who have received a legitimate job offer for skilled employment can apply under this section. Several years of work experience in the relevant sector is a necessity when applying.
Learn more about the eligibility requirements of the The Skilled Worker Category.
- The Health Care Professional Category– applicants using this section to apply for the BCPNP must have an eligible job offer and several years experience in the health sector as nurses, physicians, and psychiatric nurses, or associated medical professions.
Learn more about the eligibility requirements of the Health Care Professional Category.
- International Post-Graduate, BC Degree Category– this section caters to foreigners who have graduated with a masters or doctorate degree at a legitimate education institution within the province of British Columbia.
Learn more about the eligibility requirements of the International Post-Graduate, BC Degree Category.
- International Graduate, Canadian Degree Category– this section is open to international students that have graduated from a legitimate and eligible Canadian education institution in the last two years. A job offer is necessary for the applicant to be considered.
Learn more about the eligibility requirements of the International Graduate, Canadian Degree Category.
- Entry Level and Semi-Skilled Worker Category– people who wish to apply for certain semi-skilled or entry level professions in tourism/hospitality, food processing, and long-haul trucking should apply under this sub-category.
This particular stream has been designed for the people who want to invest and settle in British Columbia, Canada. The candidates selected under this stream become eligible for Canadian permanent residency. This stream can be divided into the two main categories.
British Columbia Entrepreneur Immigration targets foreign nationals and foreign companies who have demonstrated track records of success in business ownership, management, and investment. Individual entrepreneurs with significant personal net worth and international corporations with high annual revenues may immigrate to BC through the establishment of new enterprises in the province.
- Entrepreneur Immigration Category — This category is for senior managers or business owners who intend to invest funds into a proposed business in British Columbia.
Find out the eligibility requirements of the BC PNP Entrepreneur Immigration Category.
- Entrepreneur Immigration — Regional Pilot — This new pilot is for international entrepreneurs looking to establish a new business in a small community in British Columbia.
Learn about the eligibility requirements of the BC PNP Entrepreneur Immigration — Regional Pilot.
- Strategic Projects Category — Through this category, foreign-controlled companies can set up an operation in British Columbia. Up to five key foreign managerial, professional or technical staff members can be nominated for permanent residence in the province.
Learn more about the eligibility requirements of the BC PNP Strategic Projects Category.
The BCPNP Skills Immigration Registration System
The British Columbia SIRS is a brand new points-based “Expression of Interest” immigration management system that allows candidates to formally express an interest in the BC PNP. SIRS then allows the Province of British Columbia to select the most promising prospective immigrants in an efficient manner based upon the BCPNP score they receive.
The highest scoring candidates will then receive an invitation to apply to the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program. Candidates who create a profile which is measured against other immigration profiles on the basis of several criteria such as age, education, language ability, work experience and adaptability with BCPNP Online are scored under a variety of factors. SIRS scoring is based on economic factors, human capital factors, the annual salary of the job offer, the region of the province the employment is in, and the skill level of the employment.
Candidates who register are kept in the BC PNP pool for 12 months and have 30 days to apply for BC immigration if they receive an invitation to apply from the program. BCPNP draws happen frequently, so it is important to keep your profile up to date to ensure the highest score possible.
Like the national immigration system, BCPNP requires applicants to make a profile. The highest rated profiles are invited to apply for PR status. The average time for assessment is 4-6 months though this may vary with each case.
Benefits for successful BC PNP program applicants
There are many benefits for you and your family members upon becoming a successful program applicant including some of the following:
- Work permit which allows entry to Canada for you, your spouse, and dependent children
- Your dependent children under the age of 22 will be able to attend publicly funded primary and secondary school
- You and your immediate family members (spouse and dependent children) will be able to receive publicly funded healthcare
- You may be exempt from the additional foreign property transfer tax of 15% when you purchase a residential property in British Columbia
- Opportunity to apply for permanent residency
How ViaEntry Can Help?
ViaEntry has been providing expert immigration advice to aspirants for many decades now. Our policy is to thoroughly assist our clients in their immigration bid and also enhance their immigration potential by providing sound advice and assessment as required. Our experts are well versed in all aspects relating to immigration to Canada and are intimately familiar with the variations present in the nominee programs of each province respectively. So, if you are planning to move to Canada, there are no better professionals to take help from than us. Contact us today.